Advantages of deep breathing exercises
The Health problems are one result. A prime example is high blood pressure, a bigger risk factor for heart disease.
The tensions response also suppresses the immune system, increasing susceptibility to colds and other illnesses.
Deep breathing exercise improves your health and happiness. This simple exercise is most in when you feel the stress of life’s problems on your shoulder, a simple deep breathing provides relief.
It’s actually one of the best and easiest ways to relax your body and calm your mind.
For many peoples, relaxation means zoning out in front of the TV at the end of a distressing day.
But this does little to reduce the damaging effects of stress. To fight with stress, we want to activate the body’s natural relaxation response.
The relaxation response is a physical exercise of deep rest that changes the physical and emotional responses to stress.
Let’s take a look at the various more advantages of deep breathing.
- Decreases metabolism
- Decreases in heart rate
- Breathing becomes slower
- Decreases blood pressure
- Your muscles relax
How to do a deep breathing exercise?
Sit crossed legged on the chair or the floor and place your hands on the knees. Fix your stomach and breath out. Breath in slow filling your chest and stomach.
Goals of breathing exercises
- Maintain and improve chest and thoracic spine mobility
- Improve ventilation
- Increases the effectiveness of cough and build up airway clearance
- To prevent postoperative pulmonary complications
- To improve the strength, endurance coordination of the muscles of ventilation
- Promotes relaxation and relieves stress
- To teach the patient how to handle with episodes of dyspnea
- Assisting in the removal of secretions
Brought to you by Asian Institute of Medical Sciences — your trusted companion in healthcare.