The Ideal Power diet for quick weight loss
Eating healthy is important for everyone. A healthy diet keeps your mind and body healthy and makes you feel pure, balanced, and alert. Healthy eating can prevent and control many unwanted health problems.
Eat Breakfast Like a King, Lunch Like a Prince, and Dinner Like a Pauper
But, it is also important to keep yourself fit. But, today most of the people find difficult to maintain their body weight which leads to different diseases like blood pressure, cardiovascular diseases and diabetes and the core reason behind this is obviously ‘Obesity’.
In this moving life, we do not get sufficient time to eat a healthy food. A Healthy diet can only solve this problem.
Start your day with Lemon water. Squeeze half of the lemon and add a glass full of luke-warm water. This will help your body to get rid of harmful acids produced by the body.
Breakfast is the most important meal of the day. It provides fuel to the body and mind after an overnight fast.
Kick-start your breakfast with one or two from the following options.
- Whole-grain cereal, Vegetable Poha / Upma
- Egg white omelet (2) or skimmed milk cottage cheese
- Low-fat milk, cornflakes/ oats /wheat bran
- Fruits salad, sprouts, or a breakfast smoothie made up of low-fat yogurt and a teaspoon of bran
- Nuts or whole-grain granola bars are also easy options.
- You must have your breakfast within two hours of waking
- A healthy breakfast should contain calories, 20–35% of your GDA(guideline daily allowance).
Black coffee helps in boosting metabolism if taken before the afternoon meal.
Eating several hours after breakfast i.e. in the middle of the day, re-energizes your body and take on the next several hours.
Choose your meal from the following options:
- Brown Rice (1/2 plate) / Chapatti (1–2) with boiled Dal / Vegetable Dalia
- Boiled / Roasted Chicken/ Soybean (200 grams)
- Vegetables (cooked in less oil)
- Salad and curd (100grams). Curd helps in better digestion.
Eating well and engaging in regular physical activity can help:
- In Children — develop strong bones, grow healthily, maintain a healthy weight, concentrate at school and stay active and alert.
- In Adult — Lower the risk of type 2 diabetes, high blood pressure, heart disease, stroke, cholesterol levels, breathing problems, joint problems and being overweight or obese.
To satisfy the hunger pangs, you can take the following in the evening.
- Green tea with two Marie Lite biscuit
- Boiled / roasted Channa
Never skip dinner. Just eat light.
Choose your dinner from the following options:
- Any vegetable soup / Soybean Nutrela soup / chicken soup
- Boiled Egg / boiled Dal
- Chicken or Tuna salad
- Vegetable Daliya
Pre Bed -time
Have a glass of luke-warm skimmed milk (150 -200 ml) before you go to bed.
Tips not to forget
- Avoid heavy dinner and maintain at least 2 hours of gap between meal and sleep.
- Replace cold drinks with buttermilk and coconut water.
- Drink adequate quantity of water (2 to 3 liters) every day.
- Consume more raw fruits and vegetable salads.
- Never skip meals and maintain a fixed time for each meal.
- Avoid sugar, sweet, processed food and bakery products.
- Avoid taking water along with your food.
You can please your taste buds with one meal of your choice once in a week. Do some physical exercises, morning or evening walks, or swimming for at least thrice in a week. If you follow these above tips, I am sure you will be able to keep yourself fit and healthy without getting extra kilos.